Pages

Show + Tell: Off the Needles

Yesterday's Find was a beautiful crochet project (the Babouska Blanket from Sewing Daises), and I was so excited about the discovery that I cast on a square of my own. It's now finished and, though I didn't have the same yarn/colours, it came out beautifully! It's been a long while since I've crocheted anything using a chart so it took about an hour just for this one square. It is very easy, however, and I can see myself making more at some point.


Over the past few days I have also cast off a couple knitting projects. The first is the Last Minute Slouch by Madelinetosh. The pattern calls for two of her yarns, Eyre and Tosh Sock (worsted and sock) but I don't have either so I substituted Cascade 220 and Patons Kroy Socks, and used a 6mm needle. It came out great! I haven't decided whether to keep it or save it for gift giving later in the year.


The second FO is a lovely, anatomically correct Heart by Kristin Ledgett. The pattern calls for fingering weight yarn but I wanted a bigger heart so I used Cascade 220 and 4mm needles to get a finished measurement of 6x8 inches. I love it! And hope to make a really BIG one to use as a cushion on my bed.



That's all from the Cottage today. Have a great weekend!