Pages

Midweek at the Cottage

Hello lovely figs! I am slacking a bit this week and for that I apologize. Today I'm amalgamating my usual Tuesday and Wednesday posts into one delicious, pretty post. Here we go!

This week, after finishing my plush heart and babouska rose square, I decided to have a go at a different knitting pattern called Ten Stitch Zigzag by Frankie Brown. It was a bit fiddly at first, getting used to a new technique but the pattern is rather easy and well written. Primarily worked in garter stitch, the nice thing about this pattern is that it looks equally pretty in solid or variegated yarn, and there's a neat little stockinette edge that separates each zigzag strip. Here's a shot of my progress so far. I have an idea for a future design that will incorporate this technique, and will be sure to share my progress.


As a detour from the knitting, I got out my cross stitch supplies this week and have been working on this little piece. It will be a rather lumpy character from one of my favourite animated shows. Can you guess which one? :) Totally improvised, I'm not working from a pattern. I just sketched the shape right onto the fabric with light pencil lines and filled in the shape. The purple fill is almost done, and then I will outline and add the face/other features.


OK! Now on to the tasty part. Today I'm sharing what is probably the easiest cookie recipe EVAR. Super fast to make, and does not require (oven) baking. I've been making these for years and they're a nice option when you want something sweet but don't want to spend 30+ minutes in the kitchen. Darling figs, I give you.....

3 MINUTE NO BAKE COOKIES!

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 3 cups quick oats
Instructions
  • In a medium/large saucepan, combine the butter, milk, sugar, and cocoa.
  • Stirring frequently, bring mix to a boil over medium heat. Allow to bubble for a couple minutes.
  • (Keep a close watch on it, once it starts bubbling you'll need to keep stirring so it doesn't burn.)
  • Remove from heat and stir in oats.
  • Drop by tablespoons onto wax or parchment paper.
  • Let stand until firm. (You can put them in the fridge to help them set more quickly.)



 And that's it! Have a great day!