Pages

Friday Find: Babouska Rose Blanket

Hello dears! Things have been rather busy at Fig Cottage this week and I'm very happy to say THANK GLOB IT'S FRIDAY!

Earlier this week I was browsing on Tumblr and came across a lovely crochet project called the Babouska Rose Blanket, created by a very talented gal named Heidi, and posted on her blog Sewing Daisies.



I fell in love with the beautiful rose motif and her amazing use of colour in the blanket, and have decided that I want to try making some of these squares as well. There is no written pattern, but there is an image that charts the construction of the motif. Click the link above to view the image on her blog. It is so pretty! In addition to the blanket, I think these squares would also make a lovely cushion cover.

I think I may just cast on a square while I wait for my goodies in the oven to bake. Do pop by again tomorrow for Show + Tell to see the result, as well as a couple other FOs from this week. Happy Friday!