Pages

Show + Tell: Header and Knit Design

I have been knitting since 2008 but, sadly, in the past I didn't take the time to prepare patterns for any of my own designs. I'm happy to say that I am working to remedy that lack of pattern-y goodness, because I want to share my work and love of knitting with others. Starting now (let's call it a belated resolution), I have vowed to myself that I will keep good notes and draft up proper patterns as I create new knits. In time, all of my patterns will be available here on the Fig Cottage blog, and on Ravelry as well.

Now! On to the show and tell part!

First, the pretty new header/banner that graces the top of this blog. I wanted to keep it neat and simple, so there wasn't too much going on to clash with the floral wallpaper, and (I think) I accomplished that. The font was a lucky find, and the branches/pine cones seemed appropriate to represent where I live. In the future I may revise the banner but for now it's pretty great!

Second, I'm so happy to share this recent knit design. I'm still making a couple little tweaks to my notes but this lovely toque is one of my favourite FOs of recent months. I'll be publishing the pattern here next weekend. (So excited!)